So … following from yesterdays blog …. do you want an opportunity to be involved in something really quite exciting?
A question … how often do you have an opportunity to be involved in something new, particularly where faith is concerned? How often do you get a chance to be involved in birthing and creating and moulding a new way of being church in a community that is ever changing, ever expanding, ever more diverse with incredibly exciting plans for it’s future like this … click here!
That’s the opportunity I have, and it’s one I would like to invite others to join me in.
We are looking to develop a missional contemplative christian community. As we develop we would serve the wider community in various, but relevant and as of yet unthought of, ways that we would come up with after listening and hearing what people around us say. This really would be living out gospel kingdom values in a dynamic and loving way …. really being good news for all we come into contact with.
What we are seeking?
- People who are Christians and interested in birthing and participating in a missional fresh expression of church with a contemplative flavour on the Greenwich Peninsula
- People who have, or have had in the past, a desire to focus more on contemplative and prayerful action within a Christian community and be willing to lead aspects of contextual worship, mission and community life on the Greenwich Peninsula.
- People who can commit to a Sunday evening Contemplative Eucharist, gatherings afterwards at a local pub or the vicarage and a Wednesday evening community meal with sharing of our weekly stories, prayer for each other with sharing of bread and wine.
- Where possible join in the prayer life of Holy Trinity, currently 730am Prayer & Pastry at the Vicarage.
- People willing to develop a meditation group on the Greenwich Peninsula aimed at supporting those who would call themselves spiritual rather than religious people.
I feel quite excited by what we can do here
But I know we need more people …. does that include you or someone you know?
Please take time to consider ….
I’d love to hear from you …. please get in contact via comments here or via our current website: http://www.holytrinity.online/